Kentucky Bourbon’s great and good gathered for the 2019 Kentucky Bourbon Hall of fame, inducting six new members and bestowing the Parker Beam Lifetime Achievement Award.
“This is a special year as six venerable professionals whose dedication, ingenuity and enthusiasm have contributed to Kentucky’s Bourbon boom will be so publicly recognized,” said Eric Gregory, president of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association.
“Each of these industry champions has found ways to influence and spur the growth of Kentucky’s beloved Bourbon industry, and it’s time we show our sincere appreciation for their vision and commitment to our timeless craft.”
Kentucky Bourbon Festival chairman, Josh Hollifield of Barton 1792 Distillery said, “This year’s inductees have advanced many facets of Kentucky’s signature industry. From executive leadership, to production, to marketing and brand promotion; this year’s class truly represents a wide influence on Bourbon culture.”
This year’s inductees are, in alphabetical order:
- Katrina Egbert, visitor center marketing coordinator, Wild Turkey Distillery
- Wesley Henderson, co-founder/chief innovation officer, Louisville Distilling Co.
- Larry Kass, director of trade relations (Ret.), Heaven Hill Distillery
- Charles W. Medley, master distiller, Medley Distilling Co./Charles Medley Distillery
- Peggy Noe Stevens, founder & president, Peggy Noe Stevens & Associates
- Even G. Kulsveen, executive director, Willett Distillery (Lifetime Achievement Award)
The Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame, created by the KDA in conjunction with the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in 2001, celebrates individuals and organizations that have made a significant impact on Bourbon’s growth and stature and is the highest industry honor.
Congratulations to this year’s inductees.