If you’re in need of a little inspiration for your midweek tipple, look no further, we’re back with our Tasting of the Week!
Peated American Single Malt
92 Proof 46% ABV
About the Whiskey
Washington State distillery, Westland is building a name for itself with thanks to its exploration of provenance and work to shape the world of American Single Malt. The Peated expression was released as part of the distillery’s Heritage Collection, created to exhibit the fundamental intention of the Westland house style: a balanced, barley-forward whiskey that honors tradition but also moves it forward in a new way.
Nose: Fresh fruit with melon, peach and banana. Then some fresh farmhouse loaf and icing sugar sweetness, a little walnut, pecan and coconut cream. Ginger balls in syrup and berry preserve.
Palate: Lovely, like butter cream icing on a walnut sponge cake. Fruit and nut bar, a hint of pencil rubber and some more peach. Honey drizzled on porridge.
Finish: Creamy medium-length finish with the lingering honey and pecan sweetness.
Comment: Really interesting work here, certainly something to sit with and savor.
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame inducts new members