It’s spooky season, so what better way to get into the festivities than with a Halloween-themed cocktail from Catoctin Creek.
The Virginia-based distillery was founded in 2009 by Becky and Scott Harris, and was the first legal distillery in Loudoun County since before prohibition. Dedicating itself to faithfully upholding tradition, the distillery’s flagship Roundstone Rye has achieved multiple awards over the years and provides not only an excellent base for Catoctin Creek’s whiskey portfolio, but also for this cocktail.
Whether you’re just having a quiet night at home this Halloween, or a spooktacular gathering with friends, this pumpkin treat is going to bring just the right amount of spice to your lives.
As always, enjoy responsibly and tag us in your finished cocktail on social media!
Catoctin Creek’s Pumpkin Pie Rye
90ml Roundstone Rye
30ml spiced syrup*
1 tbs of pumpkin puree
1 tbs of condensed milk
Shake until all ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds. Pour over ice, and top with whipped cream if desired.
*spiced syrup: In a crockpot, combine ½ cup of brown sugar, ½ cup of water, orange peel from 1 orange, 5-6 cloves, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 tsp of nutmeg. Cook on low for 30-45 minutes, ensuring that the syrup is consistent and fragrant.
Native Spirits, Whisky Exchange, Master of Malt, Southport Whisky
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame inducts new members