The Kentucky-based distillery has announced the release of its 2022 US*1 Barrel Strength Rye expression
This latest release is a single barrel product, with the average proof of the barrels in the March 2022 expression sitting at 111.6. Shipment to distributors and importers begins in March.
“Our barrel strength whiskey is always stunning, and this release continues to deliver a bold experience with layers of sweetness and spice along with gentle oak maturity,” explained Wilson.
McKee commented: “At Michter’s, we’ve put out some terrific Barrel Strength Rye over the years. Personally, I love this 2022 release for its richness, complexity and depth. It’s a perfect representation of our Michter’s house style.”
“Dan and Andrea are our ultimate gatekeepers,” added Michter’s president Joseph J. Magliocco. “They’ve continued the tradition set by our late master distiller Willie Pratt and our master distiller Emerita Pam Heilmann of not releasing something unless they feel the whiskey is just right.”
The suggested retail price in the United States is $100 for a 750ml bottle of Michter’s US*1 Barrel Strength Rye.
In addition to Michter’s Fort Nelson Distillery and Michter’s Shively Distillery, both located in Louisville, the company has its 205-acre farm and operations in Springfield, Kentucky. For more information, please visit http://www.michters.com, and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame inducts new members