Our cocktail of the week hails from Frey Ranch Distillery, tucked away just east of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in Northern Nevada. The distillery’s CEO and co-founder Colby Frey, and his wife and co-founder Ashley, are continuing a farming legacy that was started by Colby’s family on the same land in 1854.
With total control over the malting, milling, mashing, distilling, and maturing processes of their whiskeys, Frey Ranch’s flagship four grain Straight Bourbon Whiskey uses 100 per cent non-GMO corn, winter rye, winter wheat, and two-row barley – all of which is slow-grown on site – and is aged for an average of five years.
The 90 proof Bourbon provides a smooth complexity, making it the perfect accompaniment to your cocktail creations.
- 1 ½ oz. Frey Ranch Bourbon
- ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. honey syrup (2:1 Honey to Warm Water)
- Dash of aromatic bitters
Garnish: Lemon peel
Process: The Ranch Hand is Frey Ranch’s version of a Gold Rush. Build all the ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake, then strain into a chilled rocks glass, garnished with lemon peel.
Frey Ranch’s Straight Bourbon Whiskey is available here.
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame inducts new members