The Italian spirits group has bought an initial 70 per cent stake in Wilderness Trail Distillery
Campari has announced the news that it will be increasing its bourbon business by buying a $600 million stake in a Kentucky whiskey brand. The newly agreed 70 per cent stake in Wilderness Trail Distillery for $420 million will strengthen the spirits group’s bourbon offering.
As part of the agreement Campari will have the opportunity to buy the remaining 30 per cent stake in the whiskey brand in 2031.
“By adding the fast-growing super premium Wilderness Trail brand we further expand and premiumise our bourbon offering, priming it to become Campari Group’s second major leg after the aperitif portfolio”, chief executive Bob Kunze-Concewitz said in a statement.
The spirits group already has Wild Turkey in its portfolio and this acquisition will dramatically expand its production capacity and inventory of ageing bourbon to satisfy its future growth plans.
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame inducts new members