Barrell Craft Spirits
State: KY, IN, TN
Peggy Noe Stevens
Significant haze of orange in creamsickle format. Cinnamon brioche. Almonds and allspice hit the high spice notes. Some biscuit and apple butter.
Delicious allspice and cinnamon layer over a distinct caramel and soon mingle with apple and heavy oak.
Keeps dancing with the spices and oak, then settles back to the round of caramel and apple fade.
The proof is inviting the spices to let it all hang out and I love that they do.
The initial aroma will send lovers of milk chocolate to their happy place. Then nuts, new leather, and some caramel.
Chocolate darkens and is joined by some cinnamon, dates, and dark brown sugar. The oak tannins frame the central flavors.
A little pop of banana launches the finish, ending in pepper, oak, and some leather.
Water makes it nuttier and enriches the mouthfeel. An ideal candidate for a large ice cube and some patience.
- Chicken Cock debuts Red Stave Bourbon
- Wyoming Whiskey has unveiled Nation Parks No.3 and The Grand Collection
- Buffalo Trace unveils Buffalo Trace Distillery London
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO INTERVIEW: Kentucky Owl has recruited one of Scotland’s most revered master blenders – and her first bourbon has just hit the shelves
- Kentucky Owl unveils Maighstir Edition